Hello and welcome to the MENTAL HEALTH HOTLINE.


If you are obsessive compulsive, press 1 repeatedly.

If you are co-dependant, ask someone to press 2 for you.

If you have multiple personalities, press 3,4,5 and 6.

If you are paranoid, we know what you are and what you want. Stay on the line and we'll trace your call.

If you are delusional, press 7 and your call will be transfered to the mother ship.

If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and the small voice will tell you which number to press.

If you are depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press. No one will answer you.

If you are dislexic, press 69696969.

If you have a nervous disorder, please fidget with the # key until the beep. After the beep, please wait for the beep.

If you have short term memory loss, please try your call again later.

And if you have low self esteem, please hang up. All of our operators are too busy for your shit!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Moral Dilema

First, I'm not even sure of how to spell dilema so how can I possibly be having one?

Anyway...

Here's the deal.

Today while shopping, I found something. I found a cell phone. What's the problem? Well, I'm not sure I want to track down it's owner and return it.

On one hand, there's the morally good side of me who thinks, "This poor girl has lost her phone and if she's anything like me, she's lost without it. Cell phones are expensive and she'll have to replace it if I don't return it. I would want someone to try and return my phone to me if I lost it."

On the other hand, there's the selfish evil side of me who thinks, "She's a college student from Kansas City. Her parents are probably loaded. Her text messages indicate she's a total pot head. She's thinking about studing abroad (according to her contacts). And she's has some really gross pictures on her phone. Not to mention that she's probably a bitch and won't give a flying fuck if I have to go out of my way to return her phone. Plus, two days after I give her phone back, I'll probably lose my phone because that would be the perfect joke for the evil miniture pixies that control my life."

So, do I go out of my way to try and call up perfect strangers on her phone to see if there is some way that I can track her down and arrange to give her the phone back. Or do I just stuff the phone in the back of my closet for a rainy day? After all, it does have a mp3 player and a nice camera. I could use it! Hmmmmm.... that's a tough one!

Let me know what you think.

No comments: