Hello and welcome to the MENTAL HEALTH HOTLINE.


If you are obsessive compulsive, press 1 repeatedly.

If you are co-dependant, ask someone to press 2 for you.

If you have multiple personalities, press 3,4,5 and 6.

If you are paranoid, we know what you are and what you want. Stay on the line and we'll trace your call.

If you are delusional, press 7 and your call will be transfered to the mother ship.

If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and the small voice will tell you which number to press.

If you are depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press. No one will answer you.

If you are dislexic, press 69696969.

If you have a nervous disorder, please fidget with the # key until the beep. After the beep, please wait for the beep.

If you have short term memory loss, please try your call again later.

And if you have low self esteem, please hang up. All of our operators are too busy for your shit!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Love Affair With a Store

That's right. Fuck WAL-MART! To hell with TARGET!!
Once again I have found all my desires wrapped up in five letters . . .
As many of you know I'm in love with this store. I always find wonderful deals here. My $8.05 shopping spree last October landed me $127.95 in clothing!.
The deals continued in November when I purchased a $200 12-piece King-size comforter set for the sale price of $99 - 10% coupon = $90 - $15 off in-store offer = $75 + $7.23 Tax.
That's right! I paid $82.23 for a beautiful bedding set!
So... what were the fabulous ball-breaking deals today?
Item #1: Red Denim Jeans
Bull Denim Belted Jean
Original Price: $38
Clearance Price: $22.99
Double Clearance Price: $5.74
These just happen to be the most expensive item I purchased today!!
Item #2 & 3: Belted Twill Pants for Mom
Belted Twill Pant
Original Price: $30.00
Clearance Price: $17.99
Double Clearance Price: $4.49
Such a good deal, I got her a second pair in grey.
Core Black
Item #4: Black Jeans w/ Belt
Kiefer Twill Trouser
Original Price: $30.00
Clearance Price: Unknown
Double Clearance Price: $3.74
Item #5: Apostrophe Brown Tee
Short Sleeve Pointelle Tee
Original Price: $22.00
Clearance Price: $6.59
Double Clearance Price: $2.63
Item #6: Brown Hoodie with Snaps
Henley with Hood and Heart Print
Original Price: $30.00
Clearance Price: $11.99
Double Clearance Price: $2.99
Item #7: Printed Chiffon Blouse
(Brown w/ Pink Dots)
Printed Chiffon Yoryu Blouse
Original Price: $28.00
Clearance Price: $19.99
Double Clearance Price: $4.99
And last but not least...
Item #8: Short Sleeve Blouse w/ Belt
(Mustard Striped)
Short Sleeve Blouse with Belt
Original Price: $28.00
Clearance Price: $16.99
Double Clearance Price: $1.74
That's right! Eat your penny-pinching hearts out! $1.74 for a blouse. That's Good Will and Garage Sale prices!! It's unheard of in a department store!
So the final figures stand as follows:
Origina value of clothing: $236.00
Clearance value of clothing: About $132.00 (Price of black jeans unknown)
Amount actually paid: $30.81 + tax
That's right, for $33 I bought 4 pairs of name brand jeans with coordinating belts, 1 t-shirt, 2 blouses and a hoodie!!!
WOOT WOOT!!!
But just in case you're feeling sorry for Sears for the money they clearly lost on my shopping spree, let me assure you that I dropped a pretty penny into some new tires. Were they the cheapest in town? No. They were about $5 more expensive than WAL-MART. However, nowhere else in town could I save that much money on clothes and get two tires put on my car in 30 minutes!! It was well worth the extra five bucks!!
If you're dying to get in on these awesome savings, check out the Sears website. They have a lot of these clearance items online with free delivery to your store (availability limited). A little free advertising is the least I can do for the amount I saved!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, i believe that i noticed you visited my
weblog thus i came to return the favor?.I'm trying to in finding things to enhance my web site!I assume its good enough to make use of a few of your concepts!!

my web site: vigrx