Hello and welcome to the MENTAL HEALTH HOTLINE.


If you are obsessive compulsive, press 1 repeatedly.

If you are co-dependant, ask someone to press 2 for you.

If you have multiple personalities, press 3,4,5 and 6.

If you are paranoid, we know what you are and what you want. Stay on the line and we'll trace your call.

If you are delusional, press 7 and your call will be transfered to the mother ship.

If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and the small voice will tell you which number to press.

If you are depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press. No one will answer you.

If you are dislexic, press 69696969.

If you have a nervous disorder, please fidget with the # key until the beep. After the beep, please wait for the beep.

If you have short term memory loss, please try your call again later.

And if you have low self esteem, please hang up. All of our operators are too busy for your shit!

Friday, March 9, 2007

Just Warning You In Advance

It became obvious to me today that I am clearly a glutton for punishment.

I generally like to pace myself when it comes to running errands an such. Nothing upsets my world as much as a day that is absolutely packed with necessary duties. It's not really laziness. I have no problem doing the things that need to be done, I simply like to pace myself when it comes to completing tasks. I find that it makes life much more satisfying if you can come home at the end of the day feeling as if you've accomplished what needed to be done, still have time to finish the things you left undone, and can still muster enough energy to enjoy a few hours of down time at home.

This has never been so important to me as it is at this point in my pregnancy. Time and energy are a precious commodity for me these days and I've become an expert at conservation. Aside from actually being sick, nothing is more exhausting - both physically and emotionally - as a day that just doesn't seem to end.

However, I have found that pregnancy has yet another trick up its sleeve - doctor's appointments. For someone who works full-time, it is a daunting task to try to juggle all of your appointments with a work schedule. My boss is very good about letting me have off any days I need for appointments, but my strong work ethic inspires me to try and schedule them all in the same day (especially on a week when we have Friday off to start with).

Thus, proof that I am glutton for punishment. I believe I may have gone overboard on Monday's schedule.

  • 9:00 AM -- Wake up
  • 9:30 - 10:00 AM -- Go to the bank for some cash
  • 10:30 AM -- Leave to go to town
  • 11:00 -11:30 AM -- Appointment with nurse to discuss Month 8!!
  • 11:30 - NOON -- Appointment with counselor to discuss parenting issues.
  • BREAK FOR LUNCH
  • 1:00 - 1:15 PM -- Prenatal appointment with the doctor
  • WASTED TIME (not long enough to go home)
  • 3:00 PM - GOD KNOWS WHEN -- 6 month appointment with eye doctor that I moved up so they could look at this stupid black spot that is driving me batty!
  • MORE WASTED TIME (still not worth going home)
  • 6:00 - 8:30 PM -- Birth & Labor classes at the hospital
  • 9:00 PM -- Finally back home!!

So needless to say, you probably won't hear from me all day on Monday. And if you do, you might want to cut me some slack because I doubt I'll be in the most chipper of moods. I dunno, something about four appointments followed by two and a half hours of class, makes me think I'll be utterly spent by the time I get home.

All I can say is, "What the hell was I thinking?"

No comments: