Hello and welcome to the MENTAL HEALTH HOTLINE.


If you are obsessive compulsive, press 1 repeatedly.

If you are co-dependant, ask someone to press 2 for you.

If you have multiple personalities, press 3,4,5 and 6.

If you are paranoid, we know what you are and what you want. Stay on the line and we'll trace your call.

If you are delusional, press 7 and your call will be transfered to the mother ship.

If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and the small voice will tell you which number to press.

If you are depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press. No one will answer you.

If you are dislexic, press 69696969.

If you have a nervous disorder, please fidget with the # key until the beep. After the beep, please wait for the beep.

If you have short term memory loss, please try your call again later.

And if you have low self esteem, please hang up. All of our operators are too busy for your shit!

Friday, February 2, 2007

About My Disease

Anyone who knows me even a little bit, soon finds out that I am what you might call "kitchen challenged". My skills in the kitchen are quite limited.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I burn water or routinely set off smoke detectors. As a matter of fact, when the mood strikes me, I can actually cook a pretty good meal. The problem is simply that kitchens and I don't usually see eye to eye on how things should work. I tend to fumble with gadgets, drop things, and in general make a nuicence of myself in a kitchen-related environment.

I've become a firm believer that there is a disease known as "Kitchenitis" which causes normal kitchen items to either become dangerous or unresponsive any time I approach them.

My many kitchen incidents have also led me to suffer from a side-effect I call "Kitchenphobia". I break into cold sweats and hives the minute I am required to do enter a kitchen-like environment.

When I first started writing about my severe case of "kitchenitis", I was under the impression that I was the only person on the planet who suffered from this rare illness. However, I have since learned that I am not alone. This horrible illness seems to run in my family and I have even seen signs of it in other people across the country.

The following posts clearly indicate the severity of this problem and as you read them, I hope that you will see just how serious this issue really is.

Please take all necessary precautions to protect yourself and those you love from this horrific illness. It is clear that it can strike anyone at anytime.

No comments: