Hello and welcome to the MENTAL HEALTH HOTLINE.


If you are obsessive compulsive, press 1 repeatedly.

If you are co-dependant, ask someone to press 2 for you.

If you have multiple personalities, press 3,4,5 and 6.

If you are paranoid, we know what you are and what you want. Stay on the line and we'll trace your call.

If you are delusional, press 7 and your call will be transfered to the mother ship.

If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and the small voice will tell you which number to press.

If you are depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press. No one will answer you.

If you are dislexic, press 69696969.

If you have a nervous disorder, please fidget with the # key until the beep. After the beep, please wait for the beep.

If you have short term memory loss, please try your call again later.

And if you have low self esteem, please hang up. All of our operators are too busy for your shit!

Friday, February 9, 2007

I think I should buy a magazine rack.


So this evening while spending a few moments in my bathroom with nothing to entertain my wandering mind except a cream colored wall and the white terry cloth towel hanging on the rack, I was greatly disturbed to find a face staring back at me from my towel.

Now, of course, it definitely took a bit of imagination and the perfect lighting, but if you squinted just right, there it was. The terry nubs of the towel were going this way and that and in the shadows and highlights there were two eyes, the shadow of a nose, and a mouth. Perhaps it was the face of Jesus Christ. Maybe it was the Virgin Mary. I cannot say truthfully who exactly was staring back at me from the towel, only that it disturbed me to find that suddenly I was not alone in my own bathroom. I certainly do not make a habit of allowing strange faces to peek in on me while I am performing my bathroom acts.
I quickly reached out and smudged my hand over the area, thus erasing the face that was etched into the terry cloth. I was shocked to find, that where the face previously was, there was now the image of a coyotes head staring back at me. Figuring that a coyote was less likely to tell my neighbors all about the bathroom events than the face that I previously saw, I finished my bathroom duties and left the coyote where he was.
Back in the living room, I’ve decided to move the tequila bottle farther from the desk, as it is obviously leaking from the bottle and causing intoxicating fumes to fill the air. Next, I will add “magazine rack” to the shopping list on the fridge, so that future visits to the bathroom can include intellectual reading material, rather than strange stretched of my own twisted imagination!

No comments: